Why Did the Commuter Cross the Road?
BY CASEY MINER AND HUDA AHMED The 12th St. corridor in Oakland is a 12-lane freeway sandwiched between two perfectly normal city streets. There are no crosswalks or traffic lights, but morning commuters don’t care; the quickest way to BART is to look both ways and hope for the best.
Last 5 posts by Casey Miner
- Life and the Landfill - April 7th, 2009
- Oscar Grant protest at Fruitvale BART - March 6th, 2009
- Audio: UC Berkeley's Green Bike Share - December 5th, 2008
- Envisioning a New Lower Sproul - November 24th, 2008
- Amidst Prop 8 Fallout, Queer Blacks and Latinos Wonder Where They Fit - November 19th, 2008