Audio: Chinatown’s Red Beans back from Canton opera show
By Guo Shipeng
More than 30 members of the Chinatown’s Red Bean Cantonese Opera House came home safely last week after attending the 5th International Cantonese Opera Festival in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou, which is formerly known as Canton.
Four Red Bean members staged performances during the festival and received very positive reviews from their counterparts from around the world and from the local audience.
Click the play button to listen what the Red Beans have to say about the trip.
Last 5 posts by sguo
- Chinatown author tells family stories under Exclusion Act - December 20th, 2008
- Chinatown looks forward on anniversary of Exclusion Act repeal - December 20th, 2008
- Audio: Chinatown taps its youth for Cantonese Opera talents - December 7th, 2008
- Video: Chinatown elders' early Thanksgiving party - November 25th, 2008
- Audio: Chinatown elders' singing event - November 21st, 2008