Audio: Chinatown elders’ singing event
21 November 2008 No Comment
By Guo Shipeng —
Every Tuesday afternoon, a group of about 20 Chinese elders gather for a small singing event in Hotel Oakland, a senior’s home on the outskirts of the city’s Chinatown.
Their average age is over 75 and they practice a wide range of Chinese songs, both old and new.
CLICK TO LISTEN[audio:http://rosebud.journalism.berkeley.edu/~j200/510report/chineseseniorssinging.mp3]
Last 5 posts by sguo
- Chinatown author tells family stories under Exclusion Act - December 20th, 2008
- Chinatown looks forward on anniversary of Exclusion Act repeal - December 20th, 2008
- Audio: Chinatown taps its youth for Cantonese Opera talents - December 7th, 2008
- Audio: Chinatown's Red Beans back from Canton opera show - December 4th, 2008
- Video: Chinatown elders' early Thanksgiving party - November 25th, 2008