Fremont’s Muslims Back Obama
Multimedia by Mateen Kaul and Tyler Sipe
Fremont’s large American-Muslim population was united behind Democratic candidate Barack Obama for the presidential election.
Muslim voters said they were backing Obama largely because they thought he would do a better job than Republican rival John McCain in tackling the country’s economic problems.
But they also felt President Obama would be better for their countries of origin, such as Pakistan and Afghanistan, and the international community in general.
Last 5 posts by tylersipe
- VIDEO: Bay Area Vigil for Victims of Mumbai Attacks - December 5th, 2008
- Career Centers See Wave of New Customers - November 26th, 2008
- Audio Profile: NUMMI Tour Coordinator Sara Rogers - November 21st, 2008
- Fremont Adult School to Offer Clinical Massage Therapy Next Year - November 21st, 2008
- More Veterans Networking Via the Web - November 18th, 2008